As a Pharmacy Technician you can be at the front line of healthcare- preparing and delivering medications and supporting pharmacists to provide care to our patients.
Since 2019, the Pharmacy Technician Scholars Program at Baptist Health South Florida has partnered with our inpatient and outpatient pharmacies to provide participants with online education modules, on-site group simulations, and experiential on-site education. This 15-week, full-time (600 hours) course combines online learning with on-site practical experience at our Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach facilities. At the completion of your training you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician. Full program scholarships, and additional hourly compensation are available through the Pharmacy Technician Scholars Program.
Length of Training Program
15 weeks (Full time requirement)
Pending American Society of Health-System Pharmacists accreditation (Anticipated Fall of 2022)
Up to 15
Tuition for those accepted into the program is $3600
Earn While You Learn
Apply now for the Baptist Health Pharmacy Technician Scholars Program to receive a full scholarship, and earn an hourly salary while you train. Scholar participants are hired as a Baptist Health employee, and are well positioned to continue their career at the completion of the training program. No prior healthcare experience is required. For more information, view the program flyer.
- Participants must be aged 18 or older at the start of the program
- Graduated from an accredited high-school or received a GED Diploma
- No prior Healthcare experience required
- Completion of program application
- Copy of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Successful completion of BHSF affiliate criminal background check and drug screen
- Completion of confidentiality agreement
- Compliance with BHSF immunization requirements
- Passing scores for pre-enrollment Math and English competency assessment
- Where do applicants go to apply? Online Application Form
When are applications accepted?
January, April, August
- When are candidate interviews? February, May, September
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? February, May, September
- When does the program start? March, June, October
Over the 15-week course you will participate in a variety of training experiences including:
- On-line didactic and simulations modules
- On-site simulation experiences
- 7 weeks of experiential rotations
- Inpatient Hospital Rotation
- IV Admixture Hospital Rotation
- Retail / Outpatient Pharmacy Rotation