West Kendall Baptist Hospital
West Kendall Baptist Hospital opened to the public April 2011 as Miami-Dade County’s first brand-new hospital in more than 35 years. The hospital features 203 private rooms and is a Gold LEED-certified facility featuring energy-efficient initiatives and recycled materials throughout. It supports a vision of West Kendall as a convenient central hub where area residents can live, work and play. Through its “Healthy West Kendall” initiative, the hospital encourages residents to achieve the goal of becoming the “Healthiest Community in Florida”. West Kendall Baptist Hospital offers adult medical and surgical services, surgical and endoscopy services, and maternity services.
Baptist Health Primary Care Family Medicine Center
The Family Medicine Center, located adjacent to West Kendall Baptist Hospital, serves as the program’s Family Medicine continuity training site, where personalized, patient- and family-centered care is provided to community members of all ages.
Green Family Foundation NeighborhoodHELP
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- One of the following recent medical training or practice experiences:
- Medical school completion within the past 5 years
- Training in an accredited internship or residency program within the past year
- Employment (not observership) for six months of the last year in a clinically relevant position in the U.S. or similar system
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English (bilingual Spanish fluency is preferred)
- Must have passed USMLE Step 1 within one attempt and the Clinical Knowledge (CK) section of Step 2 within one attempt by February 1st.
- Must have passed both level 1 and level 2 of COMLEX within first attempt by February 15
- Applicants must be eligible for an unrestricted training license to practice medicine in Florida.
- Dean’s letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Medical school transcript
- Written personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation –with at least two from family medicine faculty members at your school, affiliate hospital or elective rotation –written within the last 18 months
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG) certification (if applicable) by February 1
- Photograph (optional)
- Applications must be submitted through ERAS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Where do applicants go to apply? AAMC ERAS
- When are applications accepted? September through November
- When are candidate interviews? November through January
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? March via NRMP
- When does the program start? June