South Miami Hospital
South Miami Hospital has served the community with a commitment to excellence since 1960. It is currently licensed for 467 beds and houses such innovative programs as the Center for Robotic Surgery, the Center for Women & Infants, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The hospital has received honors including Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence, the Florida Governor's Sterling Award and U.S. News & World Report rankings among the best hospitals in the U.S., with High Performing medals.
The flagship facility of Baptist Health South Florida, Baptist Hospital of Miami has been one of the most respected medical centers in South Florida since its founding in 1960 and is today one of America’s most preferred medical centers. With more than 900 beds, it is the largest of Baptist Health’s 12 hospitals. Three Centers of Excellence are housed on the campus: Miami Cancer Institute, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute (the largest and most comprehensive cardiovascular facility in the region) and Miami Neuroscience Institute. Baptist Hospital has earned Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence. It is also certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and received the Gold Seal of Approval for consistently meeting high national standards of stroke care. Baptist Hospital was ranked #1 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area for the 2023-2024 U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals Ranking.
- Fifth-year general surgery resident
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Three letters of recommendation
- ABSITE scores
- USMLE scores
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Where do applicants go to apply? Positions are matched by the Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Fellowship Council.
- When are applications accepted? Early December-February
- When are candidate interviews? April
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? June - www.fellowshipcouncil.org
- When does the program start? August 1st