Prospective applicants may choose to shadow under the supervision of a Baptist Health employee or medical staff member, including physicians. Visiting Physicians may shadow on rounds, watch procedures and attend teaching conferences.
The Visiting Physician program is open to independently licensed physicians (M.D., DO, DPM, DDS, DMD) who meet the criteria outlined in the application packet. The duration of the observership is at the discretion of the clinician and can last up to four weeks. An observership is a voluntary experience that does not constitute employment, compensation, medical education or any training leading to academic credit, licensure or board certification. Baptist Health will not issue grades or written evaluations for this program.
How to Apply
- Download and review the program application below
- Collect the required documents
- Contact a prospective sponsoring clinician
- Return all required documents a minimum of two weeks prior to the intended start date
- Once your application has been approved, please call 786-467-2633 to pay the program's administrative fee.
A non-refundable administrative fee must be paid to Baptist Health upon acceptance of your application.
- Visiting Physicians: $250