Through academic partnerships with South Florida institutions of higher learning, The Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Program offers funding, faculty, classroom space and clinical sites for select nursing student programs. Students may apply for monetary incentives (scholarships) towards their tuition in return for work commitments at Baptist Health.
Students accepted into the Scholars Program will participate in clinical experiences within Baptist Health facilities as both students and as Scholar Nurse Partners. Scholar Nurse Partners is a per-diem employment opportunity for students to shadow an experienced nurse on a preassigned unit.
Nurse Scholars are provided a financial incentive (scholarship) towards school tuition. This amount is paid directly to the school, and students are responsible for the balance of their tuition and fees. At the completion of their training program, eligible students are offered employment opportunities at Baptist Health and a work commitment agreement.
- Associate of Science in Nursing from The College of the Florida Keys
- Associate of Science in Nursing from Miami-Dade College*
- Associate of Science in Nursing from Bethesda College of Health Sciences
- RN to BSN from Miami-Dade College*
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Barry University*
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Florida Atlantic University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Palm Beach Atlantic University
*Students accepted from these programs participate in didactic (classroom) education at Baptist Health facilities.
- Florida resident eligible for in-state tuition
- Acceptance letter from a Nursing program of a Baptist Health partner school
- Eligible to work in the United States and eligible to work at Baptist Health. Note, current Baptist Health employees not in good standing, or former Baptist Health employees who are ineligible for rehire are ineligible to participate in the Nurse Scholars Program.
- Competitive GPA
- Active RN license (for RN-to-BSN program only)
Once you have completed all of the prerequisites, you may download an application for the Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Program. A complete application includes the following:
- Completed and signed application forms.
- A letter of full acceptance from your nursing program.
- Most recent, official transcripts. Must be unopened.
- Professional resume
- Where do applicants go to apply? Application
When are applications accepted?
Fall: April - June
Spring: October - November
When are candidate interviews? Fall: June - August
Spring: October - December
When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance?
When does the program start? Fall: August